I was a fascinated excited toothless three year old when I got my first Christmas present from Santa .Oh!How charmed I was by the grandfatherly pot bellied man who surprised me every year with a box full of gifts.I never believed in the tooth fairy as much as I believed in Santa.

I would take out my colour pencils/pen/sketch pen or anything beautiful and pretty to write with and write down my wishes on a brown paper.

I would smile,laugh,jump,grin and have any expression closely related to happiness while preparing my ever-so-precious list of want-to-have. Even mums gorgeous freshly baked cake lost its appeal when it came to making my wish list.It was always an emotional experience because I would be anxious waiting for Christmas morning to arrive from the day I would sit down to dream about my gifts.

Today when I was talking to mom about it I realized how much I miss those days.Yes!I realized Santa exists only in Disney and Cartoon Network.Though I cant recall when exactly realization struck.It just happened automatically.I came to know later when my grey cells got activated that all the while it was daddy dearest who would sneak in my wonderful little gift and place it in front of the christmas tree.He never dressed up as Santa and I never caught him placing gifts.He just remained his usual groggy self at 2 in the night and would tip toe into our tiny room to keep our gifts at their rightful place ; later I came to know through Mom.

So my Santa was a tall,thin, moustached man who carried packed boxes of gifts for my sister and I.No red dress, no big black belt, no rudolph and definitely no white beard.
I want those days back when my eyes would twinkle at the mention of Christmas morning.No doubt, Im still excited just that the situations are different.Now christmas morning means getting up late in the morning, travelling to visit friends and relatives, sharing food and cakes and other things.Just as good but never the same :)

I wish I could still place empty stockings at my door and wait for a miracle to happen:)